MAG Aerospace is seeking a highly qualified UAS/UAV operator that is currently dual qualified on the Aerosonde UAS system to support a remote position in and around the continent of Africa. The position is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the aircraft, which includes, but is not limited to: maintaining diligent lookout and listening doctrine with available sensors, radios, and other ground control station equipment. The Operator will also operate the sensor payload in a safe manner, analyze and report sensor data pertinent to mission success and provide assistance to the imagery analyst team to ensure a successful mission. Further duties include close coordination with the MAG Aerospace Mission Coordinator and the Program Management staff.
*** Contingent on Contract Award***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Following air traffic control clearances.
- Maintaining safe and positive control of the air vehicle during all phases of flight.
- Taking appropriate actions during emergencies.
- Operating sensors onboard aircraft.
- Assisting Mission Coordinator and with flight mission planning and briefings as desired.
- Computing takeoff/landing data via standard operating procedures; as well as utilizing checklists and other standardized manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team environment is essential.
- Crewmembers will be integrated into the daily flying/maintenance schedule and are not solely responsible for one area of the deployment location requirements.
- Perform maintenance on fleet.
- Maintain inventory management and asset configuration for the fleet.
- Personnel should expect to participate in all facets of the operation to support mission requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Mission Coordinator and Program Management Staff.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 100.
Knowledge and Skills
The required skills and knowledge include:
- Must have moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Must have three to five (3-5) years of experience relating to aviation (preferably unmanned systems).
- Must be physically fit for deployment to an austere environment with no comfort access.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport with expiration greater than one year from date of hire.
- Must have the ability to travel OCONUS for approximately 120 days at a time.
- Must have the ability to fluently read, write, speak & understand English.
The minimum level of education required is:
- High school diploma.
- Aerosonde Certification – Aircraft Operator, Maintenance Technician Level 1, Flight Crew Chief
The desired skills, knowledge, and education include:
- Military Trained UAS/UAV operator.
- FAA Private Pilots license or higher.
- Deployment Experience is highly preferred.
- Prior military service is highly preferred.
Outside of the above, other certifications, licenses, or clearances include:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must hold an active Secret Clearance
The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assistmagaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.