MAG Aerospace is seeking a highly qualified Mission Coordinator to support a rotational remote position in the continent of Africa. Candidate would serve as a Mission Coordinator / Site Lead and be responsible for day-to-day operations and safety of all on-site personnel. Further duties include close coordination with the MAG Aerospace Program Management staff and the Customer.
*** Contingent on Contract Award***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Mission pre-briefings (mission packet completions), including development and updating of daily scheme of maneuver.
- Reviewing weather forecasts/notices to airmen (NOTAMS)/ special instructions (SPINS) as appropriate/airspace availability.
- Reviewing/updating local air traffic control (ATC) cards as necessary.
- Complete airspace control planning and mission logs.
- Ensuring completion of mission briefing worksheet, mission risk assessments, and crew briefings.
- Ensure airspace requests are coordinated with local ATC prior to launch.
- Coordinate/inform launch crews on any updates to mission/equipment status.
- Monitor missions and events – system status/video quality/supporting customer’s requirements, airspace, actual weather conditions and forecast weather updates, all available communications methods to include computer networks and approved e-mail accounts.
- Assess actual weather and airfield traffic conditions prior to recovery.
- Inform local ATC when returning to base (RTB) and provide estimated arrival time.
- Inform local ATC with safe on deck (SOD) or similar call after recovery.
- Ensure missions reports [situation report (SITREP), personnel status (PERSTAT), and maintenance status (MAINT)] are completed as required.
- Provide overall general mission direction, monitoring, and coordination between the operations and the supported units representatives.
- Assist ISR cell representatives in the development of PED products that strengthen the customers capability to fulfill operational requirements as outlined in appropriate mandate documents such as UNSCRs, CONOPs, AMISOM and Sector OPORDs.
- Continuously maintain listening/visual watch of airspace status via radio (local ATC) and/or computer networks to ensure the AV is located in authorized airspace.
- Monitor the number of data collection hours flown, any safety problems, responses to special requests, supply status, personnel status, etc.
- Liaise directly with the user unit to ensure the AV operation supports its needs and intent.
- Be the key point of contact during UAS emergencies. Allow the operators to respond as they are trained, advise the chain of command of problems when they occur, and respond to the situation as required. Keep local ATC and multiple internet relay chat (MIRC) participants informed (nature of emergency – navigation problems, engine issues, lost link, etc.). Be prepared to provide U.S. Mission Somalia with written/oral reports of events. Utilize and maintain a continuity training plan for newly assigned team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- FAA Private Pilot Certificate plus Instrument rating.
- Minimum 500 hours as Pilot in Command (Manned).
- Previous qualifications as UAS AVO.
- Minimum 100 hours as Pilot in Command (Unmanned).
- Previous qualification as UAS payload operator (PO) or mission commander/coordinator (MC).
- Ability to deploy OCONUS.
- Minimum of 1 year’s deployments in combat zones.
- Demonstrated prior professional experience working in Africa.
- Demonstrated prior experience operating multiple UAS platforms.
- Experience with the U.S. Department of State (DoS), U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), or other Government contracting agencies.
- Strong MS Suite skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college/university.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess Active SECRET Clearance
- Aerosonde Certification – Aircraft Operator, Maintenance Technician Level 1, Flight Crew Chief, Mission Coordinator
The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assistmagaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.