Drone Show Pilot
Verge Aero •
As a Drone Show Pilot, you will be responsible for all on-site activity—managing the team, liaising with clients, and actually serving as the Pilot in Command for a show. Both technical and managerial skills are important for this role. As the pilot, you must operate shows using established procedures while understanding the limitations and boundaries of the system and properly deploying it in swiftly changing environments and conditions. You may also be responsible for other elements of production that go into delivering a successful show for our clients.
We’re looking for a Pilot who enjoys challenges and can prioritize based on shifting workloads and team demands in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate already has experience flying drones, but more important is a motivation to learn and get things done! The position is based in Philadelphia, PA, but will definitely require extensive travel in the US and internationally.
What You Will Do
- Lead on-site drone prep and deployment for drone shows
- Serve as the pilot-in-command at drone shows
- Maintain a deep understanding of Verge Aero's operation software and all of its features
- Test fly drones and manage fleet health
- Contribute feedback to the engineering team to improve operations
- Help to shape operational guidelines with experience
- Work with clients to ensure their needs are met
- Manage the show team
- Have a full understanding of FAA rules and regulations.
- Train others on technical aspects of the system.
- College Degree
- 2 years of experience performing commercial drone work such as inspection or photography
- Up to date Part 107 remote pilot certification
- Understanding of FAA rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with drone autopilots such as PX4 or Ardupilot
- Experience leading small teams
- Strong management and communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-reliant and goal-driven to participate as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and facilitation skills.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)