Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customersu2019 training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAEs Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
MQ-9 test pilot supporting government sponsored flight test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as Pilot-in-Command of an MQ-9A Reaper aircraft in support of customer requirements.
- Oversees and actively participates in ground/flight operations to support Gov sponsored flight test for MQ-9 airframe.
- Duties also include mission planning, execution, briefing/debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Current/qualified MQ-9 LRE pilot
- Minimum 500 MQ-9 hours, or 250 MQ-9 hours with total RPA hours over 1000.
- Current secret security clearance.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- US citizenship required
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to professionally interface with numerous levels of management, customers, and peers.
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
Flight test is conducted at China Lake NAWS, Ca. Environment is desert, and can be extremely hot during the summer months. Ground Control Stations (GCS) are in an austere location on the base, and can present desert type hazards (animals, rough terrain, etc).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Long hours (up to 8) sitting in the GCS supporting demanding flight test mission
- Possible weekend, overnight, or multiple day (7+) missions possible
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary: $124k to $184k
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youu2019d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractoru2019s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", weu2019re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.