**This position is Contingent Upon Contract Award.
**All Candidates Signed Will be on a Contingent Basis
MAG Aerospace is seeking a highly qualified UAS Pilot/Operator that will be dual qualified on a UAS system to support operations within the U.S SOUTHCOM AOR. Candidate would serve UAS Pilot/Operator supporting a 24/7 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance effort of group 3 Unmanned Aircraft supporting the U.S SOUTHCOM. The position is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the aircraft, which includes, but is not limited to: maintaining diligent lookout and listening doctrine with available sensors, radios, conducting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and operating other ground control station equipment. The Operator will also operate the sensor payload in a safe manner, analyze and report sensor data pertinent to mission success and provide assistance to the imagery analyst team to ensure a successful mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Following air traffic control clearances
- Maintaining safe and positive control of the air vehicle during all phases of flight
- Taking appropriate actions during emergencies
- Operating sensors onboard aircraft
- Assisting Site Manager with flight mission planning and briefings as desired
- Computing takeoff/landing data via standard operating procedures; as well as utilizing checklists and other standardized manuals
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team environment is essential
- Crewmembers will be integrated into the daily flying/maintenance schedule and are not solely responsible for one area of the deployment location requirements
- Perform maintenance on fleet
- Maintain inventory management and asset configuration for the fleet
- Personnel should expect to participate in all facets of the operation to support mission requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager
Knowledge and Skills
The minimum skills and knowledge include:
- Must have the ability to obtain Class II or higher FAA Medical Certification
- Must have five (5) years of experience relating to aviation (preferably unmanned systems)
- Must be physically fit for deployment to an austere environment with no comfort access
- Must have a current U.S. Passport with expiration greater than one year from date of hire
- Must have the ability to travel OCONUS for approximately 120 days at a time
- Must have the ability to fluently read, write, speak & understand English
- Must have moderate to advanced computer skills
- Proficient with Google Earth Pro
- Proficient with Mission Planner Ground Control Station Software
- Private Pilot License
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) Certification
- S. Military Trained UAS/UAV operator
- Deployment Experience is highly preferred
- Prior military service is highly preferred
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Must be able to complete a Background Check.
- Must successfully complete a deployment physical examination including immunizations.
- Must have willingness/ability to stay on duty for extended periods of time, as mission dictates.
- Be willing to work in hardship and hazardous locations.
- Candidate should expect to be hired on a probationary period for the duration of his/her first OCONUS rotation.
- Willing to share billeting accommodations with multiple members.
- Must adhere to all United Nations and company regulations as applicable.
The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assistmagaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.