**This position is Contingent Upon Contract Award.
**All Candidates Signed Will be on a Contingent Basis
MAG Aerospace is seeking a highly qualified individual to support a rotational remote position in the U.S SOUTHCOM AOR. Candidate would serve as the on-site UAS Maintenance and Logistics technician supporting a 24/7 Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance effort of Group 3 Unmanned Aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for all facets of maintenance for Group 3 Unmanned ISR operations to include performing engine overhauls
- Serves as the primary point of contact for maintenance, spares, and consumable supplies across multiple sites; provides support and accountability for maintenance at all sites
- Provides inventory control at the Main Operating Base for spares and consumables
- Reports directly to the Site Lead; provides weekly inventory and maintenance status reports
- Identifies potential maintenance issues that may affect operations
- Responsible for shipping and receiving inventory at the Main Operating Base and maintaining the database to ensure inventory is always up to date to prevent any down time due to supply issues
Knowledge and Skills
The required skills and knowledge include:
- Minimum 5 years aviation maintenance experience with an emphasis on UAS Group 2/3 or higher
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience providing the full spectrum of maintenance for UAS, including engine overhauls
- Candidates must have a high level of mechanical aptitude
- Candidates must have proven experience in logistics and supply management with emphasis on attention to detail and critical thinking to develop solutions to complex issues that are common within this environment
- Must have moderate to advanced computer skills to include but not limited to a high level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Deployment Experience is highly preferred
- Prior military service is highly preferred
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Must be able to complete a Background Check
- Must successfully complete a deployment physical examination including immunizations.
- Must have willingness/ability to stay on duty at extended periods of time, as mission dictates.
- Be willing to work in hardship and hazardous locations.
- Candidate should expect to be hired on a probationary period for the duration of his/her first OCONUS rotation.
- Willing to share billeting accommodations with multiple members.
- Must adhere to all United Nations and company regulations as applicable.
- 60 or more during the course of the year. Must maintain a flexible travel schedule. Travel which may include austere environments.
- Be willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice.
The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination” supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assistmagaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.