AVIAN is seeking a Small UAS Air Vehicle Operator (AVO) to build, maintain, repair, and operate small unmanned aircraft systems (SUAS), all types, including multi-rotor, fixed wing, electric and liquid fueled.
The candidate will operate in a highly dynamic developmental test environment on shore, onboard boats and Naval ships. We work on projects ranging from ocean logistics, counter UAS systems and cutting-edge developmental projects. Air Vehicle Operators need to be able to pilot in manual (i.e. un-augmented stick and rudder) and in semi-autonomous modes, including first person view. A background in RC airplane experience is highly desired.
We are resourceful, responsive and reachable for various government and commercial clients in program, financial, and logistics management; engineering and systems engineering; test and evaluation of manned and unmanned systems; workforce development and training; communication strategy and graphic design.
The type of work we do is a direct result of the creativity of our team, and the talents they bring. But in the end, we are all driven by the purpose of taking care of those around us.
We’re seeking people that are passionate and excited about creating well-crafted products and memorable experiences with our customers. We are not in the market of automated transactions; we build lasting relationships.
- Build up new SUAS systems upon delivery to include configuring for first flight and piloting during initial flights to demonstrate airworthiness.
- Modify new or existing SUAS for test purposes, including airframe (carbon fiber, metal, foam, plastic, wood), mechanical, software, and electrical changes with minimal oversight.
- Maintain systems, including repairs due to damage.
- Launch, fly and recover SUAS of all types including multi-rotor and fixed wing within OEM limits and in accordance with NAVAIR Flight Clearances, NOTAM’s, and DoD Policies.
- Assume overall safety and operation of SUAS while flying
- Prep SUAS for shipping, conduct detachments to remote sites for test and demonstration periods; work with test engineers to devise test procedures and document deficiencies.
- Produce and edit test reporting documentation.
- Follow all published guidance for contractor operating procedures.
- Operate UAS outdoors year-round.
- Travel up to 25% CONUS and OCONUS, including occasional shipboard detachments.