AEVEX Aerospace is seeking Drone UAS pilots to join our Flight Operations team in the Tampa FL area. We look for self-starters who strive to understand the company as a whole, take ownership of their tasking, and are idea generators to progress efficiency for the overall sake of the company.
This research and development environment focuses on good judgement, quick thinking, and forward progression in a short timeframe. The pilots will be responsible for conducting fixed-wing drone development and flight. A successful candidate has a good understanding of RC aircraft systems and open-source autopilot hardware.
- Conducts software, ground, and flight training within specified subject matter expertise.
- Perform aircraft preflight and work closely with engineers to resolve time-critical problems.
- Responsible for all elements of aircraft and flight operations during training program to include pre-mission flight planning, air vehicle and ground station pre-flight preparation, air vehicle start-up, and checkout, air vehicle launch, air vehicle in-flight management, including all emergencies and diagnosis of in-flight problems.
- Provides subject matter expertise in all aspects of ground and flight test, operation, and maintenance.
- Conducts formal classroom, workshops, seminars, and in-flight training under the supervision of a qualified instructor pilot.
- Interfaces with internal/external customers to learn and provide system knowledge within the community.
- Has the skill and prior experience flying a variety of fixed-wing RC aircraft.
- Understanding of variety of hobby RC radio links and data radios.
- Proficient fixed-wing remote pilot and/or RC flying skills
- Experience with one or more of the following: ArduPilot, ArduPilot Mission Planner, MAVlink protocol, QGround Control, Mavlink, RFD Tools, Radio Telemetry
- Experience starting and working with RC gas engines
- Experience in the UAS utilizing open-source and proprietary autopilots Arduplane, PX4, etc.
- Experience updating key flight parameters and key flight metrics in autopilots is desired.
- Experience in hobby electronics projects, Arduino, and microcontroller programming is desired.
- Current ACTIVE Secret security clearance desired
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Proficient computer skills: Office Suite, specifically spreadsheets, collaboration/communication applications, and manipulation of Adobe forms a must
- Valid U.S. Passport
- OCONUS deployment experience is a must
- Must be willing to deploy outside of the US
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Medical requirements - pass an annual deployment physical exam from licensed physician
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
AEVEX provides a full suite of comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k)-retirement plan, comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance group coverage with a portion of the premiums paid by the company, professional development funds, and an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) with counseling, legal help, child and elder care support, among other benefits.
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission and partner nation needs around the world by providing full-spectrum aviation, remote sensing, and analysis solutions. The companys capabilities include custom design and engineering; rapid prototyping; sensor integration and sustainment; aircraft modification and certification; flight test instrumentation and support; mission operations service; advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions; and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop, and deliver specialized solutions for airborne special mission needs for the U.S. Government, partner nations, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.