The sky’s the limit for your career at Microdrones. So: take to the skies with us – choose challenge over routine! Microdrones is an expanding, innovative company with branches in Germany, the US, Canada, China, Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
Energetic. Innovative. Adventurous. Perceptive. Future oriented. Sound like you? Then we’ve got the right job for you! Microdrones offers a unique opportunity to work for an industry-leading company in a dynamic environment. Join us on our journey in the rapidly-growing aerospace industry with its infinite growth potential – become a Microdrones professional!
Microdrones combines expertise in three domains: Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and image post-processing. We offer integrated solutions that allow our customers to easily collect aerial data that can be processed quickly to generate useful information. Our solutions support various industries in making better decisions and optimizing their operations.
We are looking for a passionate Unmanned System (UAS) Operator to join the Flight Ops team in Atlanta, Georgia. The candidate will be responsible for executing flight operations and providing technical support to customers in the Americas.
- Plan and execute flight operations with the Microdrones UAV systems and payloads (Photogrammetry, LiDAR, multispectral, thermal) and validate aerial data with software tools (PosPac, UASMaster, Pix 4D, Cloud Compare, etc).
- Conduct demonstrations and provide training to Customers.
- Coordinate with aviation authorities to get flights permissions, system compliances, etc.
- Plan and execute test flights, future products, and prototypes with development team.
- Document test flights, and record results with accuracy and precision.
Microdrones stands for diversity and equal rights. None of the above expressions should be discriminatory in terms of age, sex, ancestry, religion, belief or experience. We confirm that we are pleased to accept all applications from candidates of any age, gender, ancestry, religion, belief or experience.
- Education in a technical field (aircraft maintenance, electronics, surveying, geodesy, etc.)
- Ability to work hands-on with small UAV systems, including assembly, disassembly, testing, and troubleshooting
- Ability to work outdoors under various temperature and weather conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, fluent with English (speaking / writing), Spanish are an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Driver’s license
- Motivation to travel worldwide for up to 2 weeks duration
- UAV experience or Pilot’s license is preferred
- Knowledge of US regulatory operations is a plus
- Operating UAVs as a hobbyist or professional pilot will be considered an advantage
- Experience in aerial surveying, spatial data capture and post-processing an asset
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)