The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics. The Vertex Company acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
The Vertex Company is a services solutions provider that operates as a federal government prime contractor. With over 7,000 employees in 200 locations worldwide, the Mississippi-based company offers vertically integrated solutions for defense and commercial customers.
Delivering integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition, to engineering and manufacturing, through end-of-life support of complex systems and platforms, Vertex offerings include all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs for defense and commercial customers, and integrated supply-chain solutions. Over our 50-year history, we have perfected the balance of cost, schedule, and performance to offer high-quality solutions that consistently exceed customer requirements.
The Vertex Company is a Federal Contractor and must comply with Federal mandates. All employees may be required to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of continued employment. A medical or religious accommodation may be granted on a case-by-case basis. In order for an accommodation to be considered, you must submit the COVID-19 Vaccination Accommodation Request form.
Vertex is a portfolio company of American Industrial Partner (AIP), an operationally orientated private investment firm with a 30-year track record of working with management teams to build scaled world class businesses (www.americanindustrial.com).
Position Title: sUAS/C-UAS Instructors/Operators (3 positions available)
Vertex TTS has a requirement for a Small Unmanned Aircraft System / Counter Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS/C-UAS) Instructor/Operator, with experience in Unified Land Operations, and Unmanned Aircraft System instruction and flight operations. This Instructor will ensure the training of all training unit personnel, assist in lesson plan development, and the implementation of sUAS and C-UAS instructional programs and Training Support Packages (TSPs). Duties also include ensuring units train Safely within the recognized NOTAM IAW ASG-KU Policy and Procedures and Kuwaiti Government guidelines. Due to the US government required security clearance and travel requirements, the successful candidate must be a United States citizen, with proof of citizenship and a current U.S. passport.
The sUAS/C-UAS Instructors will work directly under the supervision of the ARTC Integrator, Camp Buehring, Kuwait. Primary duties include: Threat Briefs on emerging and current small UAS threats within the CENTCOM AOR, Operator training on the InstantEye Mk2 Gen4 small tactical UAS, Operator training on the PD-100 Personal Reconnaissance System (PRS) nano UAS, and Operator training on the DroneDefender C-UAS signal disruption weapon. Additionally, keeps TSPs, lesson plans and Commercial training aids up to date, and ensures all training lanes remain fully functional.
Standard work week will be six (6) days per week for up to eight (8) hours per day while at OCONUS work site(s), and a standard 40-hour work week while at CONUS work sites.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that Safety is the priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation. Participate in and enforce all mandatory training requirements; implements provision for Government-wide programs such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, personnel and information security requirements.
- Ensure the delivery of effective sUAS/C-UAS training.
- Plan, prepare and implement sUAS/C-UAS training for unit trainers and OSS, OTH and transitional unit personnel.
- Ensure all sUAS/C-UAS training is focused on defeating UAS threats, and increasing unit survivability, refinement of SOPs and improved Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Provide sUAS/C-UAS SME support to training units when requested.
- Maintain and record all training courses and participants for validation purposes.
- Advise the ARTC Integrator on sUAS/C-UAS and Blended training integration and support.
- Maintain currency on all aspects of sUAS/C-UAS trends, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the in-country Program Management Team.
Additional Responsibilities, when no sUAS/C-UAS training is Scheduled:
- Monitor range-land conditions and utilization.
- Monitor/Report range use in accordance with the published Bulletin.
- Investigate unauthorized use and inspect/report on existing range improvement projects.
- Work outdoors in rugged terrain.
- Work alone, or with other people, during early morning hours and throughout the day.
- Develop all reports as directed in support of the Prime Program.
- Coordinate directly with training units and other authorized organizations for all range facilities and training areas.
- Responsible for ensuring the enforcement Safety standards on all ranges and or training areas in accordance with DA PAM 385-63.
- Assist the Firing Desk Technicians in the notification process and closing of all live-fire ranges with all MEDEVACs.
- Monitor all range communications, and ensures status changes within the ArcView (GIS) system.
- 4 years’ experience in Unified Land Operations, Mobility and C-IED capabilities, and maneuver, Infantry and Engineer training.
- Extensive instructional and training background.
- Subject Matter Expertise on U.S. Military weapon systems, Infantry operations, maneuver and operations.
- Instructional experience at Military Center of Excellence (COE) or Battalion level.
- Knowledge of all weapons systems in an Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT).
- Possess knowledge and technical expertise in the use of all Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Adobe Acrobat products
- Demonstrated skills in the principles and techniques of military instruction.
- Able to work closely with other team members, Customers, and End Users.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must currently possess at a minimum an interim Secret security clearance and be able to obtain/maintain an active/valid US Secret security clearance.
- Ability to multi-task, and interface on a regular basis with military leaders, managers and trainers.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills who can work both independently and as a member of an integrated team; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information to a diverse group of customers.