Avionics Installer-Springfield, IL
Global Technical Services •
- Tests, installs, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment
- Routes wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory
installed wire bundles, and may assist in functional check-out and
troubleshooting of all wiring systems.
- Professional appearance and communication skills are required in
order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- Installs, aligns, and wires electrical and electronic components
- Determines the best location and method for installing and removing
electronic equipment and systems by applying general trade practices
and adhering to prints originated by Electrical Engineering, Electronics
Engineering, various mod centers (STC’s), and many aircraft
manufacturers’ wiring diagrams.
- Fabricates wiring harnesses; solders connector plugs; strips and
hand lugs wiring; identifies wiring and fabricates and installs surface
control indicating systems; performs terminal splicing; wires junction
boxes; routes wiring and conduit; and performs any other electrical
bench or installation work as necessary to complete the electrical
repair or modification of the aircraft.
- Performs continuity checks and may assist in the functional check-out of complete aircraft systems.
- Assists in performing more complex electrical work as required. May
assist in troubleshooting, locating, and correcting wiring
- Operates hand and power tools. May operate electrical test
equipment. Must be familiar with color coding and symbols used in
identifying hardware and components.
- Must have knowledge of power sources and bonding and grounding techniques.
- Adheres to shop standards, various manufacturers’ standards and
practices and has knowledge of various federal and military standards
including FAA Advisory Circulars.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of avionics installation experience required, corporate jet experience preferred.
- FCC license required; A&P License preferred.
- Must have knowledge of both electrical and electronic theories and be able to understand and follow wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
Global contractors can take advantage of a number of voluntary customizable and flexible benefit programs available.
Call today about our Bonuses offered on each position!!!
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness
- AFLAC – Select Products
Find out more by visiting the benefits page on this website.
Use the following link:
Job Ident #: