Avionics Technician - Coral Gables, Florida 13393
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Technician with experience performing electrical and avionics related maintenance and aircraft modifications on commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Coral Gables, Florida.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in installing avionics systems.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform the removal/installation of avionics components, fabricate wire harnesses, perform avionics system installations, make wire terminations, perform wiring ring‐outs, and perform functional tests of complex avionics system
- Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Install and maintain avionics systems and components in accordance with Company policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and FAA requirements; diagnose and repair malfunctioning avionics systems; inspect, clean and test avionics systems; document completion of modifications.
- Generate related aircraft maintenance work forms and records; advise and assist with engineering and avionics modifications; assist in the development of Company work cards and procedures relating to avionics systems testing and maintenance.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes
- Works well under pressure
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written in English
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to travel domestic and international 50% of the time
- Must be able to use oscilloscopes and complex avionics test equipment including but not limited to TCAS testers, IFR testers, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 10+ years of aircraft repair experience.
- Must have commercial digital navigational troubleshooting experience.
- A&P license required.
- Passport required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot difficult avionics system malfunctions with minimal error and high level of confidence.
- Must be able to travel with plane 50% of the time.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #: