Senior Emissions Engineers: 45171
STS Technical Services •
Position Type: Permanent
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Emissions Engineers in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
The Engineer III – Senior Emissions Engineer is responsible for providing internal combustion engine emissions engineering support, control and oversight to product development projects, changes to existing products, regulatory agency reporting requirements and field emissions compliance issues while interfacing with the various functional teams across the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Function as Internal Combustion Engine Emissions SME.
- Ensure proper emissions certifications and compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Maintain emissions certification databases.
- Prepare and submit emissions certifications reports to the applicable government agencies.
- Ensure that new calendar year certifications ar received on time from GPS engine suppliers and are performed on time for engines GPS certifies.
- Specify precise new product and technology functional requirements relative to emissions compliance.
- Ensure that Production Line Tests (PLTs) are performed in compliance with applicable regulations and within regulatory mandated schedule resolving and failures or anomalies that arise.
- Develop new processes, and systems with supporting documentations to improve emissions compliance related actions.
- Have and develop SME level knowledge of North American and to an extent Global emissions regulations and requirements staying current with developing regulations and technologies.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers, and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Emissions Engineering and related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced experience with technical regulatory submissions to regulatory agencies.
- Familiarity with engine design and emissions testing.
- Experience in new product design and development.
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word.
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Works independently.
- Receives minimal technical guidance.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Strong conceptualization, visualization, and creativity.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and analytical problem solving.
- Developing business acumen.
- Solves complex problems.
- Takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Has participated in cross-functionally project teams and leads some aspects of the project.
- Ensures success cross-functionally.
- Offer recommendations and implement solutions.
- Thorough understanding of the financial impact and a basic understanding of the needs and impact of other functions on the business.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)