General Aviation A&P Mechanic - Avionics Exp Preferred - 30/hr
Bison Aviation, LLC •
Bison Aviation, LLC is currently accepting applications for a well-qualified and experienced A&P Mechanic for the avionics division of our general aviation repair station located at the Boerne Stage Airfield (5C1) near San Antonio, TX. Applicants must have strong experience in the general aviation market and be familiar with common general aviation aircraft (Beech, Cessna, Piper, Mooney, Cirrus, etc.). Applicants with an avionics background preferred.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Sheet metal fabrication and modification.
- Antenna and avionics equipment installation.
- STC review, logbook research and 337 preparation.
- Airframe, Powerplant, and Propeller periodic and special inspections.
- Airframe, Powerplant, and Propeller Repairs.
- Airframe & Powerplant modifications.
- Aircraft systems troubleshooting, diagnosis and parts requisitioning
- Towing / Taxiing of Aircraft.
- Hangar / Shop Upkeep & Cleaning.
- Assisting shop team members.
- Compliance with company & FAA documentation requirements.
- Additional work / duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have at least three years of experience working in a related GENERAL AVIATION position. Please note that commercial (airline) and military experience, while valuable, is NOT considered general aviation experience for the purposes of this requirement. Please only apply if you have at least three years of experience working directly with light general aviation aircraft (Cessna, Piper, Mooney, Beechcraft, Cirrus, etc).
- Must be proficient in light aircraft maintenance.
- Must have a clean safety record with no violations.
- Must have no history of drug or alcohol convictions, including no DWI.
- Must be self-motivated with strong organizational skills and knowledge of aircraft parts.
- Must be able to safely operate lift trucks, tugs, & other materials handling equipment.
- Must be proficient in use of Windows based computers.
- Must hold an FAA Mechanic's License with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Preference given to candidates with strong general aviation avionics & electronics background.
- Preference given to candidates with CNC machining & programming background.
- Preference given to candidates who have strong work history in FAA Part 145 Repair Stations serving the general aviation community.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- General Aviation Aircraft Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- FAA Mechanic: A&P (Required)
- FAA Inspection Authorization (Preferred)
- FAA Pilot's License (Preferred)
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)