Aircraft General Mechanic
4M HR Logistics •
- Performs dismantling and assembly of complete engines, modules, components and assemblies in accordance with all customer, regulatory, and company requirements using hand or power tools.
- Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts and repairs products according to specifications and established procedures.Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Interprets technical standards, drawings, specifications, and other relevant documentation using mechanical precision measuring tools and instruments as required; verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to measurements.
- Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the required tasks.
- Checks for serviceability, conformity documentation completeness and compatibility to applicable standards.
- Replaces defective parts and reassembles units ensuring conformance with applicable regulations and manufacturer's specifications.
- Maintains detailed repair and certification records and reports of work performed.
- Assures that only airworthy equipment is available for the safe and timely completion of customer's engines, modules, components and assemblies.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, graphs, blueprints, and other technical information.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
- Extensive product knowledge of respective business segment.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to follow and understand related company instructions, company processes, overhaul manuals, and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
- Specialized training in engineering or aircraft maintenance (AME, A&P, AMT); or equivalent.AE2100, T56 or military MRO experience a plus.
- Must be willing to work the day shift or night shift as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)