Aircraft Mechanic II
The Structures Company •
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure and systems in accordance with standard repair processes
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
Experience working as an aircraft mechanic
Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalent
Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
High school diploma or GED and typically 3 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)