Avionic Technician - Lexington, NC
Sky Aircraft Maintenance •
Position Type: Permanent
Sky Aircraft Maintenance is seeking a skilled and motivated Avionic Technician to join our dynamic team. As an Avionic Technician, you will be responsible for performing a wide range of avionics maintenance and repair tasks on various aircraft models. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the safe and efficient operation of aircraft within a well-established aviation maintenance organization.
- Conduct avionics inspections, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs on aircraft systems, including communication, navigation, radar, autopilot, electrical power, and cabin entertainment systems.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as testing and replacing avionic components, connectors, wiring, and circuit boards.
- Interpret technical manuals, blueprints, and wiring diagrams to identify and resolve avionic system issues.
- Utilize specialized tools, equipment, and diagnostic instruments to diagnose and rectify avionic system malfunctions.
- Collaborate with other technicians and engineers to ensure effective communication and coordination during avionic system repairs and installations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable aviation regulations, industry standards, and company procedures.
- Document all maintenance and repair activities accurately and promptly in accordance with regulatory and company guidelines.
- Conduct functional tests on avionic systems to verify proper operation and perform necessary adjustments as required.
- Stay updated with the latest avionic technology advancements and industry best practices through continuous learning and training opportunities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, adhering to safety protocols and guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of an avionics technician program or relevant vocational training is preferred.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license is preferred and an Avionics rating is required.
- Proven experience working as an Avionic Technician, preferably in an aircraft maintenance or repair facility.
- Strong knowledge of avionic systems, including communication, navigation, radar, autopilot, electrical power, and cabin entertainment systems.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical manuals, blueprints, and wiring diagrams.
- Skilled in using specialized tools, equipment, and diagnostic instruments for avionic system maintenance and repairs.
- Familiarity with aviation regulations, industry standards, and safety practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality and safety.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)