The Avionics Install Technician installs, routes, terminates, troubleshoots and repairs aircraft wiring and avionics systems using basic hand tools, specialized test equipment and technical reference manuals to meet manufactures specifications, FARs, and industry standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited direction, perform the removal/installation of senior level avionics components, fabrication of wire harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of avionics systems
- Perform intermediate level of wire making, bundling, and pre-pinning systems to be installed in VIP aircraft completions
- Utilizing increasing knowledge and experience perform wire routing and connecting wiring to accessories, circuit breakers, connectors, etc
- Prep and pin new systems terminations per manufacturer specifications, RSM, and FARs
- Reassemble aircraft interior, instrument panels, and avionics equipment bays following the successful installation of wiring avionics systems and components