F-16 Structures Mechanic - Greenville, South Carolina 21378 - 21856
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Sheet Metal Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Sheet Metal Mechanics for an opportunity in Greenville, South Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Sheet Metal Mechanics will be repairing and modifying F-16 aircraft and major subassemblies. Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces for aircraft modification in accordance with technical manuals, engineering drawings, and FAA regulations.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Perform difficult structural pick-up and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, or fittings in completed skinned assemblies
- Perform tasks utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, brake, drill press, and pneumatic riveter
- Perform such final assembly operations as pick-up and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages, and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes
- Complete installation of and fit such items as clamps, brackets, angles, longerons, supports, bulkheads, battery boxes, and component parts such as avionics equipment
- Perform trimming, milling operations, reforming and altering parts and structures as required. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- FAA Airframe or Powerplant license is a plus.
- 3+ years of Aircraft Structural Modification experience is required.
- Flight Control repair and overhaul experience required.
- Required to complete and pass a skills assessment for official acceptance on the project.
- Have the ability to work any shift and/or weekend as directed by operation requirements.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
2020-21378 and 2021-21856
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)