Base Aviation Mechanic - Rotor Wing
IMMEDIATELY HIRING! AVIATION MECHANIC - ROTOR WING
FULL-TIME Opportunity in Iowa
*$20k Stipend available* *Sign-on Bonus $5K*
We are hiring for Aircraft Base Mechanics to support the daily maintenance of the helicopters across our region. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs, and modifications to airframes, rotors and appliances. Our Field Maintenance team maintains our helicopters to the highest standards possible. This is a base position, relocation within an hour required.
• Provide on-site maintenance support for our fleet of Bell 407 series helicopters
• Maintain the aircraft
• Schedule aircraft maintenance
• Manage base inventory
• Maintain the base library and company owned ground support equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Certifications and Licensing
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License required
• Inspection Authorization Certification preferred
• Additional FAA/FCC ratings preferred
Experience and Abilities
• Three years of turbine helicopter maintenance experience with
• A minimum of six months helicopter maintenance experience during that last 24 months
• Intermediate-level computer skills with an inventory system.
• IFR helicopter avionics and auto-pilot experience preferred.
• Manufacturer training or equivalent on Bell 407 preferred
• Bell 407 maintenance experience preferred
• Prior civilian HEMS experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to push and/or pull 100+ lbs.
• Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Why Choose Med-Trans: Our mission of providing care to the world at a moments notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
GMRAIR EEO Statement
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.