High School Diploma/GED. Q-Stamp
preferred. Four (4) years related structural assembly experience.
Experience working with Solumnia and Smarteam preferred.
In a team oriented work environment, independently performs a variety
of structural assembly operations using required tools and appropriate
prints, specs and operational requirements to complete work assignment,
and ensure conformance to specification. Assists and instructs other
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Use ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the
development of employees and techniques and completes work in
innovative and effective ways.
2. Perform assembly and fitting of
detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations;
ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
3. Possess the proven
ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to
established goal hours and schedule.
4. Rivet structural assemblies
and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting
guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers,
rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging
5. Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and
operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole
pattern for rivets.
6. Check all work and ensure a defect free
assembly prior to final inspection.
7. Instruct and assist other team
members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering
orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation
difficulties and problems.
8. Maintain and use all logs and records
(e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
9. Align and assembles parts to
be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
10. Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review
Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework
to ensure installations meet conformity.
11. Plan and organize
workloads and resource requirements to meet or exceed goal hours and
12. Maintain a neat and orderly work area,
supports the company 5S, Lean Initiative Program, and complies with all
13. Support Lean Activities.
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Good working knowledge of computers and related
2. Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special
tools and equipment. Should be able to use all tools required to do the
4. Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving
dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole
5. Thorough knowledge in the use of multiple measuring
devices, demonstrated ability to use within specified tolerance.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
7. Must be able to work any shift.