Sr. Aircraft Component Repair Tech - Brunswick, GA
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech is seeking an Structures Mechanic Sr.- Special Missions Project for an open position in Brunswick, GA.
Working with a high degree of independence, provide leadership and technical guidance while performing the repair and overhaul of internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mastery of advanced skills, procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Showing superior technical skill and competence, perform, instruct, and oversee repair of mech and elect assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, eng. dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required doc to perform functional and operational tests of mech and elect acft. components for return to service or for initial cert for new products.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Showing superior tech skill, remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Demonstrate mastery of repair techniques and concepts using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
- Demonstrate expertise in use, maintenance, and calibration requirements of precision measuring and inspect tools.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
- Mastery of shop material and component flow through via work orders in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regs.
- Lay-out, remove, fabricate and/or install major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components using honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench procedures, hydraulic press procedures, and servicing carts.
- Fabricate and repair Sheetmetal and associated mech parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mech means.
- Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for ALL GAC acft. models.
- Provide tech support to Customer Support Coordinators and Tech Services.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and subsequent repairs to electronic assemblies and subassemblies by removing and replacing circuit components, either through hole or surface mount, using acceptable soldering and circuit repair techniques.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Perform, in conjunction with QC Reps, mass weight and balance on repaired flight controls using blueprints and required FAA Repair Station forms.
- Assist with training Aircraft Component Repair Techs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- HS diploma or GED.A&P license, FCC license, or NCATT cert preferred.
- Able to read & interpret blueprints, eng. docs, CMP data, CBs and ASCs.
- Proficient in operation of all tools & equip in dept. Basic understanding of shop math.6 years experience in one of the following or related exp: Sheetmetal and/or hydraulic overhaul.
- Avionics/elect compo repair, accredited schooling in electronics and elec. sys may offset some exp. reqmts. APU removal, install, and service.
- Candidate must have heavy modification/fabrication experience: Heavy structures work (Skin changes, cargo door mods, crack repairs, antenna installations)Must be able to work any shift as assigned by the manager.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)