At Eastern Airlines curiosity and excitement for growth go a long way. In fact, Eastern Airlines was launched by seekers, adventurers and above all fliers. Our rich legacy and pioneering spirit are still evident in our team today.
Our open-hearted attitude, respect for the people we fly and our attention to detail is what sets Eastern Airlines apart from its competitors. Natural curiosity and hunger for wonder are behaviors that make our employees successful.
This summary provides a listing of the knowledge, skills and abilities that are critical components for the position of Maintenance Control Manager.
This is a full-time position that will report to the Director of Maintenance and also interacts with the Manager of Aircraft Dispatch, Manager of Crew Scheduling, Sr. Director of System Operations Control, and the Company’s flight crews and mechanics. The responsibilities include managing a team of day to day aircraft maintenance controllers assigned to performing a variety of aircraft maintenance related tasks that support the continue reliability and performance of the Company’s flight operations. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of all FAR aircraft maintenance requirements and provide reliable leadership, sound decision making, and good judgement at all times. Good communication skills are required, and the successful candidate must be able to exhibit the values and culture of the company while working with mechanics and flight crews in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures aircraft maintenance controllers are communicating effectively with operations staff, flight crews, flight mechanics and/others as needed as part of the daily operation
- May act as primary point of contact for all mechanical discrepancies that may affect the daily operation of all Company aircraft
- Works within limits of authority to approve discrepancies that are deferrable under approved MEL and NEF guidelines
- Approves corrective actions suggested by aircraft maintenance controllers based on aircraft service-history, analysis, applicable General Maintenance Manual (GMM) guidance, and Company guidelines
- Ensures aircraft maintenance controllers are coordinating with other Company maintenance and/or contract maintenance providers to work aircraft discrepancies with minimal downtime
- Creates work schedules and bid for all aircraft maintenance controllers assuring staff coverage that always meets the Company’s needs of service
- May approve time off requests for aircraft maintenance controllers
- May fill-in for aircraft maintenance controller from time to time based on staffing requirements
- Produces an effective schedule for planned maintenance events outside of aircraft heavy checks so that aircraft are back into service with no or minimal disruption to the Company’s ongoing operations
- Approves travel for flight mechanics and works with SOC staff to coordinate travel to/from an AOG aircraft
- Ensures and audits that aircraft maintenance controllers are entering all maintenance related discrepancies into computer tracking systems as required
- Promotes teamwork amongst all maintenance personnel and flight crews
- Upholds safety and security procedures and awareness
- Has the ability to obtain additional qualifications through training and education as needed
- Other duties as assigned.