Duration 3 Months
Description Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Technician (2) for an opening in Millersville, MD.
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Test Technician tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production mechanical, electronic and fiber optic components, parts, equipment and systems. Primary focus is in the areas of signal conditioning electronics, network based telemetry systems, electronic instrumentation, test equipment, etc. Reads work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical, fiber optic and mechanical components.
1. Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical and optical assemblies, components, and harnesses using ohmmeters, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment.
2. Recommend changes in test procedures and test specifications to improve performance and functional testing of production or prototype components.
3. Set up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model per test procedures.
4. Assist engineers in troubleshooting of failed production or prototype components under their direction and guidance.
5. Draw on expertise from Mechanical and Electronics Engineers, where needed, to assist with relevant parts of the project.
6. Responsible for following product test procedures, equipment operation and sound safety practices as documented in the company’s quality system manual.
7. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.