Fleet Maintenance Managers: 46693
STS Technical Services •
Position Type: Permanent
STS Technical Services is hiring Fleet Maintenance Managers in Savannah, Georgia.
The Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining an efficient fleet that is safe, clean, and in good mechanical condition with maximum utilization at the optimum cost. This position ensures that all vehicles and equipment are maintained in accordance with applicable Local, State, Federal, and Company requirements. The Fleet Maintenance Manager is also responsible for planning, budgeting, staffing, discipline, and implementation of all maintenance initiatives and programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Maintains and promotes clean, safe work areas in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Company standards.
- Ensures that vehicles and equipment are repaired and returned to service in a safety and timely manner.
- Plans, schedules, implements, and monitors preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensures that the following metrics and programs are at optimal levels: daily road calls and door traffic metrics, staffing & overtime ratios, PMI scheduling, Warranty Claims Systems (WCS), Total Tire Management (TTM), spare equipment ratio, parts/inventory management and Fleet Pride.
- Hires, trains, supervise, rewards, and disciplines all fleet maintenance staff in accordance with established policies.
- Assures technician schedules coincide with truck availability.
- Coordinates closely with the Operations manager to ensure scheduled maintenance is accomplished in a timely manner while assuring route coverage for Operations.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Evaluates and monitors the budget; maintains a daily P.O. log and labor log; reports daily spending to the District Manager and others as required.
- Provides input for capital expenditures and improvements.
- Ensures that fuel and meter readings, maintenance activities, parts inventory, parts and labor costs, work orders, licenses, and warranties are maintained according to established processes.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- A High school diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of three (3) years managerial experience or equivalent training in Fleet Maintenance.
- Work experience in management of a large fleet operation or solid waste maintenance programs.
- Work experience complying with environmental regulations, OSHA regulations, City, State, and Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and requirements.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)