President of FBO Operations
Aviation Search Group •
We are seeking a President of FBO Operations to oversee a full service Fixed Based Operator and an associated flight department for their facility in Michigan.
- Oversee all aspects of a 30,000sf private tall-tail aircraft hangar.
- Oversee insurance process, renewals, etc. for hangar-keeping and 3 owned aircraft
- Manage (alongside dedicated crews) and oversee a small fleet of super-mid to large cabin corporate jets for Part 91 operation.
- Oversee an accounting professional who will be responsible for GA practices for the facility entity and
each of the 3 owned aircraft/entities. This individual will follow requested and required accounting
procedures such as GAAP etc. at request of aircraft and facility ownership. Monthly reporting will be
- This candidate will be expected to execute on the above and set up a fully integrated process including
putting systems in place to properly run the facility, provide accurate reporting to ownership on-demand,
and as requested.
- Candidate will be bound by a Confidentiality Agreement
- Oversee additional annual hangar tenants and ensure rules are followed according to their lease
agreement(s) and FAA regs (no third party managing any general tenants). Ensure all receivables are
collected in a timely manner and in accordance to lease agreement
- Maintain relationship with airport authority and maintain existing lease with the township
- Maintain proper licenses and certificates in accordance with MDEQ regarding fuel farm and de-icing
operations, and all necessary annual inspections for safe and proper operation of the facility and its fuel
- Manage and ensure safe and clean operating environment at all times.
- Oversee general hangar operations, line crew staffing and scheduling, fuel farm, and other operations
within the facility.
Part 91 Flight Department Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee dedicated crew(s) for each aircraft. Work with crew(s) to enable them to control their work environments through systems and compliance procedures developed in-house and in accordance of Part 91 FAA rules and regulations. The Chief Pilots of each aircraft should be empowered to make basic
decisions and arrangements for trip(s) if they follow guidelines developed by the President and at
ownerships approval and discretion.
- Work with dedicated crew(s) to oversee a third party maintenance individual(s) dedicated to maintaining
owned (3) aircraft and ensure safe operation and airworthiness at all times.
- Oversee a scheduler who will be responsible to work with crews and ownership of each aircraft directly to
provide highest level of service and deliverables needed for each trip.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience within the aviation industry, FBO and/or Part 91
- Strong business acumen.
- Fuel management experience preferred.
- Display strong team building skills in planning, organizing, staffing, and controlling members of the flight
- Excellent communication skills with quick and accurate decision making.
- Close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with other managers.
- Craft, cultivate, and implement gaps in processes and procedures.
- Candidate must live within 45 minutes of the facility located in the Detroit area
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)