STS Technical Services is hiring a Program Manager in West Point, Mississippi.
This position requires leadership, organizational, and technical skills to plan and execute assigned programs, meeting or exceeding goals and objectives for external customer requirements. The primary focus is on management and development of a critical subcontractor responsible for the delivery of a militarized trailer. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage a critical subcontractor to deliver products directly to the DoD customer, focusing on launching production of a militarized trailer in compliance with all contract requirements.
- Develop customer trust and maintain strong professional relationships with current and prospective customers, providing direction on customer requirements and issue resolution.
- Plan and manage advanced, complex, long-range strategic company programs.
- Understand complex relationships and strategies to develop execution plans for products or services.
- Generate reports and briefings for critical program business decisions, particularly for variances in program schedule, cost, and performance requirements.
- Conduct effective meetings and reviews with internal and external customers to ensure timely achievement of customer requirements, project plans, and company objectives.
- Responsible for submittal, cost schedule, and performance reports deliverable to the customer.
- Acknowledge and understand fiduciary responsibility to the company.
- Participate and support the planning and execution of the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Development Plan.
- Support company Business Operating System and Management Operating System.
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, or a related field is required. An M.S. in these fields is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of program management experience in the automotive industry, preferably with military tactical vehicles or in the defense sector.
- Relevant experience may substitute for formal educational requirements.
- Experience in managing manufacturing and/or quality management systems or services is highly preferred.
- Production launch experience in an automotive or Department of Defense (DoD) environment is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with APQP, MRP, digital or smart manufacturing, and PPAP is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with DoD Acquisition Customer (DoD 5000-series – Defense Acquisition System).
- Strategic and tactical planning skills to address customer needs and organizational goals.
- Expertise in project management systems and tools, including Contract and Subcontract Management, Systems Engineering Process, Integrated Master Plan & Schedule, Quality Management Systems, Manufacturing Management and Planning, and Program Management Reviews.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to guide a product development process.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, build consensus, make decisions, provide direction, and deliver results.
About STS Technical Services:
- Up to 50 travel may be required.
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.