STS Technical Services is hiring Resident Quality Managers in West Point, Mississippi.
The Resident Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing the production quality of trailers. Reporting directly to the Senior Quality Manager, this role collaborates with the Corporate and Partner teams to ensure adherence to product and military standards, as well as best practices within the Defense Quality Management System (QMS). The Quality Manager spearheads, aids, and reviews the partner’s QMS performance, ensuring continuous improvement and presenting the finished product to the U.S. Government for inspection and sales approval.
- Act as the on-site Resident Quality Manager.
- Coordinate with both on-site and remote teams for seamless trailer production.
- Guarantee alignment of Quality requirements with the trailer supplier.
- Mentor and guide the supplier in Quality planning, ensuring alignment with the Program Plan.
- Collaborate with the trailer supplier to monitor pre-production and post-production, including risk analysis, mitigation actions, and scheduling. Regularly update leadership and customer representatives on Quality status.
- Assist the supplier with AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) processes.
- Aid the supplier in selecting and implementing best practices for production process controls.
- Ensure the supplier meets Manufacturing Readiness Assessment levels, QMS IATF 16949 certification, PPAP, and FPVI requirements.
- Oversee the quality of purchased parts, working directly with suppliers for corrective actions.
- Lead Quality inspectors in the final inspection and acceptance process.
- Liaise with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) for the presentation and acceptance of completed trailers.
- Conduct risk-based audits for production processes and product quality.
- Issue Corrective Action Requests (CARs) and assist the supplier in corrective action management.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives.
- 3-5 years of Quality Management experience in automotive or defense Final Assembly Plant or similar.
- Preferred 8+ years of quality experience in Automotive, Defense, or related manufacturing fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related manufacturing field.
- Proficient in ISO IATF 16949 and AIAG Automotive Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, and MSA).
- Comprehensive knowledge in quality control of welding, coating, corrosion prevention, and assembly processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent experience is a plus.
About STS Technical Services:
- Regularly read computer screens, reports, and documents.
- Regularly hear to communicate.
- Coordinated hand-eye movements for tasks.
- Regular manual dexterity for office equipment and controls.
- Occasional bending, stretching, twisting, reaching, climbing, kneeling, and balancing.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, with or without assistance.
- Stamina to exert oneself physically over extended periods.
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.