Senior Aviation Program Manager
Grey Aviation Advisors and Solutions, Inc. •
Grey Aviation is actively searching for a senior, experienced Program Manager who meets our high standards of aviation skills, safety, professionalism and customer focus. As the industry leader in armed aircraft training, operations, surveillance and support, Grey Aviation’s vision is to leverage new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment.
Responsible for directing and achieving overall mission success. Responsible for all phases of program activity. Direct and supervise all aspects of team performance and effort. Exercise full authority on behalf of the contractor encompassing all matters relating to the daily execution of the contract. Responsible for primary organization and coordination of the program. Provide strategic guidance to on site team ensuring operational missions goals are achieved. Maintain continuous awareness of all customer requirements associated with assigned program. Collaborate with functional departments and cost estimating to manage preparation of cost estimates associated with contractual scope changes that occur during the course of the contract. Responsible for notifying affected functional groups of specifications contained in approved contractual changes. Ensure that all contractual changes are properly documented and communicated to customers and affected functional groups. Negotiate master plan acceptance with the customer, and issues planning directives. Administer preparation of internal master schedules for assigned project, from proposal and study stages, through production and delivery of finished products. Recommend and develop recovery plans, and expedites action items requiring immediate attention. Review significant technical and contractual commitments. Ensure that shipping documents for deliverable program items are properly prepared. Work with Finance representatives to ensure that invoices covering progress payments are prepared and submitted to the customer in accordance with contractual terms and commitments. Ensure that the company is properly represented and all customer correspondence is drafted and / or prepared in a prompt, concise, and professional manner for submission to customers and other agencies. Follow up on all program correspondence involving contractual or technical matters. Develop and maintain customer contacts to expand business in assigned product area while protecting the company’s interests technically, financially, and contractually. Maintain close contact with business development representatives to ensure that they are familiar with significant project items, which may affect customer relations or the company’s image.
Direct strategies and objectives. Resolve program’s higher scope issues. Coordinate cross-project activities. Formulate, organize and monitor ongoing progress reports. Assess program performance. Track, prepare and distribute all program reports. Develop and control deadlines, budgets and events. Maximize ROI. Apply change, risk, and resource management. Lead and evaluate Project Managers and other staff. Assume responsibility for managing program vendors. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Grey Aviation and Governmental Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external).
- 21 years of age
- US Citizenship
- Current US Passport
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Must meet all medical deployment standards
- Ability to possess firearms
- MA/MS in related field (MBA preferred)
- Program Management Certified (PMP preferred)
Flight Time Requirements:
- FAA Commercial Pilot, Single Engine Land (ATP preferred)
- Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate preferred
- FAA 2nd Class Medical Certificate (FAA 1st Class Medical Certificate preferred)
- 2500 total flight hours (4000 total flight hours preferred)
- 10 years Aviation Program Development (15 years preferred)
- 10 years Program Management (15 years preferred)
- Lead Aircrew on multi-year Military Training Program
- 15 years Tactical Aviation background (20 years preferred)
- Prior assignment to US Military Major Component CMD or Joint Special OPS CMD
- Prior assignment requiring cross cultural communications
- FID and / or international military training and operations
Licensing, Certification Requirements:
- Defense Acquisition University Program Management Level I (Level II+ preferred)
- DOD Security Assistance Training (Program / Individual course completion preferred)
- US Military Weapons School (US Military Weapons School Instructor preferred)
- Formal or Specialized Training / Equivalent on assigned aircraft and / or equipment
- Security Assistance Training preferred
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- This classification can be expected to perform in an office setting, flight line and airborne environments and requires a wide degree of flexibility within the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with these types of environments. May be required to stand for extended periods of time and / or lift objects whose weights exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
- FAA Medical certificate will be required prior to any offer of employment being issued (FAA 1st Class Medical preferred)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
- Pre-employment drug testing and a medical exam administered by Grey Aviation
- Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed
This position requires a current / active Secret US Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance for employment. Non-citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement.
To conform to US Government export regulations, applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State.
Grey Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret (TS/SCI preferred)
Yes, 75+% of the Time
Job Ident #:
Fort Worth, TX