Aircraft Mechanic with RII/Quality background- BHM
Certified Aviation Services, LLC •
Position Type: Permanent
Designated Aviation Quality Inspector will be responsible to review all procedures, equipment, and systems on an aircraft to ensure it meets federal safety regulations. Responsible for the efficient and economical determination of airworthiness of aircraft maintenance and other responsibilities assigned by management.
- Knowledge with EASA, 14 CFR 145 Repair Station, 14 CFR Part 121 or 135 quality systems and documentation requirements
- Knowledge with SMS compliance
- Must have engineering drawing interpretation, machined part inspection and process validation skills.
- Able to interact in a professional manner with suppliers, customers, and internal staff members to address quality reported issues.
- Accomplishes quality control objectives by assisting with training, assigning scheduling, coaching, counseling employees; communicating quality expectations and help enforcing internal and external customer issued policies and procedures.
- Achieves quality control operational objectives by contributing information and assist operational analysis with strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing operational productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving reported noon-conformances; assisting with operational improvements.
- Assist with developing quality control plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting and validating completion of issued work orders and task card completion.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and implementing change and continuous improvement.
- Ascertains the work for which he is responsible for is accomplished in a high standard of workmanship and in accordance with the FAA, and manufacturers requirements.
- Responsible to perform receiving inspection assistance in the internal parts inventory from an outside Vendor in accordance with all applicable receiving inspection procedures established by the external and internal requirements.
- Conducts stockroom inspections for proper tagging, bagging, storage, shelf life, and good housekeeping.
- As required will assist with spot audits to ensure operational compliance.
- Ensuring the completion of all aircraft inspections in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
- Strong computer skills with database capability a plus
- Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning.
- Informing Others, Emphasizing Excellence
- RII/ RII Limited Inspection preferred but not required.
Experience in A FAA 145 Repair Station or equivalent e.g. Parts 121 or 135. Technical experience and discipline of SMS. Excellent written/verbal communication. Ability to perform aircraft inspection per all applicable policies and procedures. Ability to assist with corrective action reports and tracking for closed loop; assist with developing quality standards, metrics and instructions and train organization in Quality System.
Aviation & Power Plant License (A&P) required.
SECURITY & BACKGROUND: Must be able to pass aviation security Background Checks.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)