Engineering / Technical
1336911 6J.7B.6D7_Lvl_3_Software_Engineer.pdf (PDF, 159KB)
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. Flexible working options are available.
At Boeing Defence Australia you can watch your ideas come to life.
We are helping to shape the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most complex sustainment and development program for the Australian Defence Force.
So from day one - your contribution will make a difference.
The Phantom Works division of Boeing Defence, Space & Security conducts customer engagement activities to understand future needs and innovation activities to create next generation prototypes of future Boeing products and services.
Phantom Works division is seeking a candidate with extensive Software Engineering skills to work on one of the most exciting projects in Australia in Autonomous Systems, Geo-Data Analytics. Based in Brisbane CBD, the role of Senior Software Engineer will perform highly skilled software development activities in image processing and data analysis domain. We require an experienced Senior Software Engineer who possesses the following attributes:
- Strong Object Oriented Design C++, and Python skills, working to software sprints using Agile, software requirements analysis and specification, functional analysis, software design and development, software integration and test.
- Strong past experience in software development for commercial and/or Defence software applications.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, formulate technical plans and decompose high level guidance into value add prototyping requirements and capabilities.
- Skills or domain knowledge in imagery analysis, video analysis, mathematical optimisation, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Computer Vision and/or prescriptive data analytics.
- Oversee, monitor and build-in systems and processes for ensuring quality and configuration management are integrated into all prototypes and products, and documentation is of a relevant standard for prototype capability.
- Developing, documenting and reviewing the software and user interface designs and working effectively with third party vendors to integrate with existing functionality.
- Familiarity with geospatial systems, standards and data formats is desired.
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering and/or Computer Science.
You will be a member of a team within a 50+ strong rapid prototyping group working on cutting edge technology. This opportunity will see you joining a company that employs the best talent to develop and deliver world class capabilities for some of the most advanced systems available.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
Joining BDA is a chance to make your mark, working on some of the most exciting and innovating technologies in the world within a supportive team that values diverse views.
So if you haven't considered a job with us, there has never been a better time to start. See your career take off and click Apply now.