Here is what we need you to do, remember this list is not all inclusive:
- Retain final authority for the safe operation of aircraft.
- Ensure all flight crewmembers understand and complete their duties using appropriate CRM.
- Ensure the assigned aircraft is airworthy. Check that all proper documents are on board and that aircraft is properly stocked with water/snacks.
- Make decisions to the start, delay, cancellation of flights or deviation from planned destination when operating conditions dictate.
- Prepare or supervise all flight plan considerations, including but not limited to, weather, performance, appropriate flight level, appropriate fueling, airport facilities, and navigational aids and flight following procedures are followed.
- Ensure the aircraft weight and balance form/manifest is properly completed, signed, and distributed.
- Maintain a current medical certificate as required and notify the Chief Pilot if medical condition may impair ability to perform the flight.
- Ensure all maintenance write-ups are coordinated with and passed on to the maintenance personnel and that Flight Operations is alerted to the current status of the aircraft.
- Communicate effectively with the Chief Pilot and Operations team in a timely fashion.
- Report promptly all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents to the Chief Pilot.
- Properly brief all passengers prior to flight, emphasizing safety & security.
- Ensure all passengers are comfortable and do not need any assistance prior to takeoff.
Skills we really want you to have:
- Thorough knowledge of the General Operations Manual, FAA regulations, Operations Specifications, and Flight Manuals.
- Ability to interact with Clients in a friendly, helpful demeanor.
What you must have to apply (please go back and apply for SIC if you do not yet meet these requirements):
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) w/Multi-Engine privileges
- 4000 Total Time
- 2500 Pilot-in-Command
- 2000 Multi Engine Pilot in Command
- 1000 Turbine
- 500 Jet
- 250 Pilot-in-Command in type (Preferred)
What we offer you:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company matching
- Life, AD&D, and LTD paid by the company
- Flexible Spending account, for you and your dependent
- Voluntary benefits include accident insurance, Short Term Disability, Hospital coverage, and additional Life Insurance through AFLAC
- PTO accrual - after 6 months of employment
- Our pilots start accruing PTO after 6 months so that they can enjoy a work-life balance
- Did we mention? You would get to fly some really cool planes with some really cool people!
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.