USA Jet Airlines •
SUMMARY: The DC-9 Captain is responsible to the Chief Pilot.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform flight operations in accordance with 14 CFR Part 121 operation specifications.
- Self-motivated team players with a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility for on-demand, ad-hoc, 24/7/365 flight operations.
- Perform other non-flight related duties (i.e. cargo loading, TSA, customs, etc.)
- Recruiting for interviews starting in February and March for class starting on May 6, 2019
- Class starting 05-06-2019 Interviews in February and March 2019
- Must meet the requirements of 121.436 for Part 121 PIC
- No accidents, incidents or other violations allowable unless pre-approved by Director of Operations and Chief Operating Officer.
- Be willing to take a drug test.
- Be willing to undergo a background check prior to hire.
- Hold a current U.S. Passport or be able to furnish proof of eligibility for employment in the United States and a three year employment history in the United States or Canada.
- Must have the capability to obtain a CANPASS for expediting through Canadian Customs.
- Must be eligible for a First Class Medical and possess one at the time of the interview
- For pilots hired outside the Detroit area, they must be able to relocated to and establish a local residence (crash pad) in the Willow Run Airport area
- Able to report to the airport within 60 minutes after being alerted for a trip.
- Be willing to work scheduled holidays and weekends.
- Duty rig flight credits for mandatory company assigned training.
- Must be willing to travel extensively, both domestic and international.
- 1st year DC-9 CA Base Pay $78,592/yr
- $145.54/hr with 45 hour guarantee
- plus trip incentive of $500 per-trip.
- Fly average once per week extra $25,000
- twice per week receive $50,000 increase
- Top DC-9 Captain pay base $141,086
- Incentive to voluntarily sell days at $650 per pay, $1300 per day in busy season
- 401 Match 50% on first 6% employee contribution
- 14 hard days off per month, bid 1st of moth and next month's schedule published on 15th of preceding month
- Christmas off, vacation any time during the year,
- Flexible scheduling
- 10 days vacation first year
- In CASS and KCM
- Single occupancy hotel room in Ann Arbor, MI provided for entire initial ground school for pilot living more than 60 minutes from KYIP
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimums unrestricted ATP
- Must meet the requirements of 121.436
- Prefer DC-9 type rating
- High school GED required.
- Experience in on-demand business a plus
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Fluent English is required, additional languages would be helpful.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Communication skills, and basic typing/computer skills are required. Knowledge in internet, Microsoft applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee may have to load cargo and move pallets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
USA Jet Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not required Commuters welcome
Job Ident #: