DHC-6 Instructor Pilot/Check Pilot
Berry Aviation •
Berry Aviation, Inc. (BAI) is a trusted leader in private aviation, with a portfolio of services that includes Government, Private Charter, Scheduled and On-Demand Freight, Maintenance, and FBO operations. BAI was formed in 1983 in Austin, Texas. Shortly thereafter, in 1987, BAI extended its aviation services by becoming a Department of Defense CARB Approved Air Carrier with worldwide operating authority and has provided specialty aviation services to various branches of the U.S. Military and other U.S. Government organizations. BAI conducts CONUS and OCONUS operations with a fleet of over 31 aircraft, with past and current OCONUS operations including, Hawaii, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Afghanistan, Peru, and Africa.
Our customers include all branches of the U.S. Military, Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, and other Part 135 and 121 Air Carriers. BAI has twice been awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Award for Excellence. BAI has grown into a dynamic, customer-focused company with the knowledge, experience and manpower to operate on short notice with turnkey safe aviation services. All flight operations are conducted by comprehensively trained and experienced pilots working closely alongside our 24-hour dispatch personnel to maintain a thorough emphasis on safety and on-time arrivals.
We are experiencing continued success and growth as BAI is always expanding our operations into new markets. Services are provided with the utmost security and safety measures.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is a privately held certified small business employing approximately 200+ employees. Today the corporate headquarters that oversees the worldwide operation is located at the San Marcos Municipal Airport (KHYI) 1807 Airport Drive San Marcos, TX 78666.
'To continuously raise the bar for safety and customer satisfaction while demonstrating an uncommon ability to execute under the most challenging circumstances and the most difficult client requirements'.Purpose of the Job:
The Instructor/Check Pilot conducts required training and testing for pilot, instructor, and check pilot candidates and acts as an advisor to other IP/CPs and to the Director of Training on matters relating to training and to the Chief Pilot on matters of testing policies, standards, and techniques. The Instructor Pilot will maintain Pilot-In-Command (PIC) qualification in two aircraft types and will maintain qualification, as needed, in special missions capabilities and will be available to function as PIC, as needed, in both revenue and non-revenue flight operations. The responsibilities also include forward deploying to contracted, austere and remote locations as a short notice relief pilot/Instructor Pilot in the DHC-6 Twin Otter aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide classroom instruction in both aircraft and non-aircraft-specific subjects.
- Provide pilot flight instruction in flight training devices, simulators, and aircraft as assigned and in accordance with qualifications.
- Provide classroom instruction, flight instruction, and pilot testing in special operations/special missions capabilities (e.g., Radar Approaches, Night Vision Goggles, Aerial Delivery, etc.).
- Administer oral, written, and practical testing of pilots in accordance with applicable CFRs, OpSpecs, the company training program, and FAA Practical Test Standards, Airman Certification Standards, and company flight standards.
- Monitor, encourage, mentor, and enforce flight crews’ adherence to standards in all contexts: training, testing, and line operations.
- Provide ground and flight training and ongoing mentoring as assigned for IP/CP candidates’ initial qualification and continuing performance.
- Timely and accurate completion of required documentation of all training and testing activities.
- Assist the Director of Training and Chief Pilot in researching, evaluating, and implementing new or revised training systems, policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Available and deployable to world wide theater of operations. Forward deployed over 60% of the duty time is possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Training.
Physical or Environmental Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ experience as a qualified IP/CP for a certificated Air Carrier or US Armed Forces.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate; Airplane Multi-Engine Land (ATP-AMEL)
- Class I Medical Certificate
- Ability to successfully complete the Berry Aviation DHC-6 Twin Otter Instructor Pilot upgrade program
- Ability to attain a type rating in 1 or more aircraft types operated by Berry Aviation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor that reflects positively upon Berry Aviation
Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., perform assigned pilot duties involving confined sitting for up to 10 flight hours per day and be exposed to a wide variety of environmental and weather conditions while working outside including, but not limited to, extreme heat, cold, and adverse weather conditions.
Be able to work in a variety of environments including indoor, outdoor, and austere operating environments within hostile areas of operation that may include threats from enemy combatants both in the air and on the ground.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
Job Ident #: