We are Aero Air - A People Centered Aircraft Service Company. A premier, mission driven organization who employs high performing, dedicated professionals. Where our team members are committed to lend their talents to a purpose greater than the task at hand. We want to make a difference in the lives of people in our communities and on a national and global level. Whatever your career passion, when you choose to work at Aero Air, youll be joining a team that is supportive, collaborative and everyone is treated like family.
We invite applicants for A&P Mechanic job openings located in Anchorage, AK!
We offer a very competitive wage and excellent benefit package! Our benefits include relocation reimbursement, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) plan with an automatic 3 employer provided safe harbor contribution upon hire, healthcare coverage including medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life, and disability insurance, employee assistance program, corporate discount program on things like travel, gym memberships and more!
The Aircraft and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic performs routine aircraft troubleshooting, inspections, repairs, and preventive maintenance while maintaining a constant focus on safety and quality. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met, while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is maintained within applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and manufacturer requirements.
Required Duties and Responsibilities - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties and responsibilities.
- Performs efficient troubleshooting, aircraft maintenance and repairs in accordance with applicable regulations, manufacturers instructions, and company policies to ensure airworthiness.
- Is responsible to correct compliance or safety issues with aircraft and advising appropriate personnel of any maintenance issues preventing an aircraft from safely operating.
- Estimates projected labor-hours for individual repairs and inspection.
- Ensures consistent, accurate, verifiable aircraft maintenance records are maintained.
- Read and interpret manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Operate all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Must maintain and present a clean, organized, and professional work area.
- Maintain reliable, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Successful completion and favorable results of pre-employment drug screen and criminal history background check.
- Adhere to all Aero Air policies and standards of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned by the department supervisor.
- FAA A&P License in good standing.
- Must maintain a valid US/State Issued drivers license with clean driving record.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to demonstrate poise, tact, and professionally interact and communicate with employees, vendors, and individuals at all levels of the organization and community.
- Service-oriented and able to build productive professional relationships.
- Must possess adequate tools to perform job functions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience working on a variety of aircraft including Lear 31, 35 and 45, PC-12, King Air, Cessna Mustang and Bombardier Challenger models.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Working near moving mechanical parts and near fumes or airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals.
- Work is typically performed in an indoor hangar or outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions.
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds with assistance.
- Requires the ability to read, hear, talk, stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb all day.
- Accurate hand/eye coordination.
- Finger dexterity is required as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally required to climb on a ladder.
- Ability to wear and utilize personal protective equipment.
Aero Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against any person for any reason. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, parental status, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Aero Air is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If interested in applying with Aero Air and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at HRaeroair.com