Electrical Engineer 3- Englewood, CO
Air Methods Corporation •
Oversees, guides and directs staff members engaged in creation, verification, and distribution of electrical and avionics engineering work products. These items include (but are not limited to) drawings, electronic models, technical reports, product specifications, test reports, manufacturing specifications. Works collaboratively personally, or through assigned staff, with manufacturing, supply chain, and other associated team members engaged in production and delivery of the designed product. Works closely with government regulators, auditors, and other personnel engaged similarly on military programs. Serves as key leader of the engineering team, and should be skilled in creation and administration of work plans.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following.
• Develop new electrical and avionics design concepts. Analyze new designs/concepts and communicate them to the customer and other functional organizations. Provide technical support to the Lead Engineer or Program Manager with respect to project deliverables, adherence to schedule and in providing overall project status. Develop and design for electrical power supply requirements at a system level to support STCs and Field Approvals designed by Air Methods. Modify existing off-the shelf products to comply with company needs and produce documentation of modifications.
• Support design modifications, Engineering Change Orders, general analysis, hardware testing and prototype development. Develops Project Logistics Plans, and supports design reviews and meetings as required.
• Help develop cost estimates, safety assessments, failure modes and effects analyses, electrical load analysis, maintenance instructions, installation instructions, flight manual supplements, and wiring interface schematics
• Prepare (or assist in the preparation of) supplemental design information related to the product. These items include cost estimates, safety assessments, failure modes and effects analyses, electrical load analysis, maintenance instructions, installation instructions, flight manual supplements, and wiring interface schematics.
• Provides support for certification activities by assist with preparation and coordination of documents and technical issues related to the certification of ODA and/or FAA STC projects and FAA Field Approvals. Ability to take electrical design concepts from the design phase to the manufacturing phase. Work with Certification Team and ODA as needed to develop electrical and avionics concepts according to FAA Regulations.
• Assist (and possibly direct) installation activities, planning installation/repair modification data in drawing packages; Draft wiring diagrams to facilitate installation in aircraft according to FAA Regulations and MIL specifications
• Generate electrical drawings, wiring schematics using AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
This is a lead engineering role, and the candidate is responsible for serving as a team leader. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities such as hiring, firing, and compensation plan development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university; and seven to ten years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7-10 years previous experience directly related to aircraft electrical/avionics systems preferred
• Understanding of FAA certification processes, aircraft operations, and electrical/communication and navigation systems
• Ability to Interpret and use aircraft manufacturer's maintenance manuals, equipment installation instructions, and wiring diagrams
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
• Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Prior technical knowledge, training and experience in AutoCAD strongly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Certificate of Designation as DER for the appropriate Electrical Engineering regulations is preferred
“Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.”
- Hiring Salary Range: $39.19/hr - $48.98/hr
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)