Aero-Air, a premier aviation company, is seeking an experienced Aviation Quality Inspector to join our exceptional growing team of maintenance professionals. The preferred candidate will have experience directing, planning and laying out the details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable FAA Regulations, manufacturers specifications and recommendations.
Credit for valuable Military experience taken into consideration in this exciting career in general Aviation!
COME BE PART OF OUR TEAM, located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, in Hillsboro, OR!
Aero Air offers a great benefits package which includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3 employer contribution.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed and that the proper inspection records, reports and forms used by the repair station are properly executed prior to the release of the aircraft for return to service.
- Responsible for final airworthiness decisions for company and customer aircraft.
- Responsible to ensure customer and company aircraft, maintenance employees, shop, paperwork and procedures are in compliance with all FAA regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain records for periodic checks of all inspection tools and the calibration of precision test equipment used by the Repair Station.
- Ensure company manuals (FAA and Manufacturer), FAA specifications, type certificate data sheets and Airworthiness Directives are up to date.
- Responsible for ascertaining that maintenance records are properly maintained and retrievable.
- Ensures the maintenance department performs all assigned functions in a safe, efficient, and productive manner.
- Accomplish the final acceptance of all incoming material, including new parts, supplies and the airworthiness of articles on which work has been performed outside the Repair Station by contract.
- Proactively and in collaboration with peers, recommend changes in Quality Assurance processes and organization, industry standards and specific skill areas.
- FAA A&P Certificate.
- FAA IA. (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in Quality Assurance/Airworthiness Conformity.
- 5 years experience maintaining/inspecting GA, and corporate aircraft.
- Extensive familiarity with FAR 145 and 135 as they pertain to aircraft maintenance and airworthiness conformity.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working in a FAR 145 shop.
Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Aero Air prohibits discrimination of the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.