This position is located in the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) Organizational Level Maintenance Activity at Ahmed Al-Jaber Air Base to provide Contractor Maintenance Services relating to the installation, maintenance, modification and repair of the F/A-18 weapons systems.
1. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and testing of the GE-F404-402 engine, fuel and related systems.
2. Removal and installation of the engine, the Auxiliary Power Unit, the Airframe Mounted Accessory Drive, fuel cells, and borescoping the engine.
3. Interpret applicable Enhanced Comprehensive Asset Management System reports and aircraft Built-In Test information.
4. Support on-the-job training and cross training of KAF personnel
1. Have completed the F/A-18 Fleet Replacement Aviation Maintenance Program Powerplants or equivalent course. If equivalent training is claimed, applicant must submit copies of course descriptions to Commander, Naval Air Systems Command (PMA265-12) for evaluation.
2. Have a minimum of four years Powerplants experience on F/A-18 aircraft.
3. Be proficient in fuel cell replacement procedures and the use of applicable support equipment.
4. Have knowledge of safety procedures regarding aircraft engines.
5. Have completed a corrosion control course and have basic knowledge of emergency reclamation procedures.
6. Proficient with Visual Information Display System/Maintenance Action Form documentation and all applicable technical publications.
7. No security clearance is required.