Modern Aviation (the “Company”) launched in 2017 and is focused on the fixed-based operator (“FBO”) sector. The Company has been rapidly growing through the acquisition of FBO locations and has significant additional committed capital from its sponsors to continue to grow the business through future acquisitions. Modern Aviation is looking for a quality aviation maintenance Inspector to join our growing team. We need a technician that can fit in quickly, have a positive attitude, and have General Aviation and Corporate experience.
Employee Medical Insurance, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Holidays, HSA Account Funding, 401k Match
Other Available Benefits
Buy-up Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Optional Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, 401k
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and assess project work scopes to assist in the quoting process and participate in customer negotiations.
- Develop and nurture relationships with dealership representatives, as well as existing and prospective customers.
- Provide technical data and advice on the upgrade or installation of any avionics related systems.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to procure components required for any upgrades or modifications to aircraft avionics related systems.
- Coordinate with customer engineering service providers to obtain any required wiring diagrams, schematics, parts lists, etc. needed to support any avionics related upgrades or modifications, as necessary.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of any avionics-related problems that may arise on aircraft being maintained by Modern Aviation.
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of avionics related projects and/or modifications.
- Coordinates with the DOM to ensure that all avionic related tasks are scheduled and performed in accordance with the established timeline.
- Ensure that all maintenance and alterations performed by this repair station are in accordance with the Ratings and Operations Specifications of the FAA 145 repair station.
- Train, direct, and assist all personnel performing work under the repair station certificate as directed by the Director of Maintenance.
- Report any identified risks associated with the repair station to the Director of Maintenance.
- Perform all actions required for Return to Service.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with employees, customers and the FAA as required.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Punctual to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED plus relevant certifications required at the minimum.
- Experience working in an FAA Repair Station that follows and complies with FAA 145 Ratings and Operations Specifications.
- Active and current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics License.
- Minimum of 5 years of avionics experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, as well as inspection methods, techniques, and equipment used to determine the quality or airworthiness of an article undergoing maintenance, repair or alterations.
- Proven track record of consistent performance while delivering high levels of customer service to internal and external customers is required.
- Strong leadership traits with a focus on good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated record of integrity and sound ethical judgment.
- Must demonstrate commitment to quality and safety in all maintenance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to professionally communicate with customers.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand the needs of users and address conflicts, competing priorities as necessary.
- Proven ability to lead and manage others effectively while remaining calm under stress.
- Possess adequate tools.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Five years of experience at an airline or MRO strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and/or technical Aviation studies strongly preferred.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License & Ship Radar endorsement strongly preferred.
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Supervisory Responsibility: This job has supervisory responsibilities.
FLSA Status: This position is exempt.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including extreme heat and cold; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and vibration; chemicals including aviation fuels and oils. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Travel: This position may require minimal travel.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform frequent walking, sitting, stooping, stretching, bending, reaching, and grasping actions. May be required to work nights and weekends. Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EEO Statement: The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.