KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of aircraft sub-systems, including maintenance parameter, systems operation, limitations, and technical orders.
- Ability to become qualified and perform engine runs for the aircraft type they are assigned to support.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical duties is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Proven track record demonstrating adaptability to change and the ability to respond to challenges in a changing environment.
- This classification activity, while normally accomplished in a typical aviation maintenance environment, may require travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments, CONUS and OCONUS locations, and require the individual to work outside the shop environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) or more years’ aircraft mechanic experience as an aircraft mechanic on assigned aircraft required, three (3) preferred or more on DHC-8/300 Series.
- Completion of formal maintenance training on assigned aircraft is desired.
- Qualified by the appropriate USG armed forces aircraft mechanic maintenance course or civilian equivalent training.
- 2 years (2) of flight line and inspection experience minimum.
- Overhaul experience desired.
- Airframe & Powerplant License required.
- Secret Security Clearance Required
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to and may exceed 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to height of four feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds by ear over telephone.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depths.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, Aircraft Tug, etc.
- Must have minimum 20/100 near and far vision, correctable to 20/20..
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to travel to and between remote locations.
Pay Rate: $49.61
The Yulista pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.