Perform non-destructive inspections using various industry approved methods on aircraft structures, components, sub-components, and appliances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret or evaluate test results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
- Interpret the results of all methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as acoustic emission, electromagnetic, leak, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, neutron radiographic, radiographic, thermal or infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, and visual testing.
- Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing (NDT) of products or materials.
- Make radiographic images to detect flaws in objects while leaving objects intact.
- Identify defects in solid materials using ultrasonic testing techniques.
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing (NDT) results.
- Conduct liquid penetrant tests to locate surface cracks by coating objects with fluorescent dyes, cleaning excess penetrant, and applying developer.
- Document non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes, or results.
- Produce images of objects on film using radiographic techniques.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.