Robinson Helicopter Mechanic
Tampa Bay Aviation •
Tampa Bay Aviation is hiring full time FAA certificated A&P Technicians (IA preferred) with a minimum of 2 years recent Robinson Helicopter experience. Candidates must have significant recent Robinson experience as an A&P on R22 and R44. Small piston airplane experience is also a plus as there will be some overflow work in that area.
Tampa Bay Aviation, based out of the Clearwater Airpark (KCLW), operates a fleet of over 29 aircraft including R22 and R44 Helicopters as well as many small single and light twin airplanes including Cirrus, Cessna, and Piper. We are a certified Robinson Service Center and also do retail maintenance on all Robinson Helicopters. We offer flight training and aerial services in both airplanes and helicopters. Tampa Bay Aviation is currently a part 141 flight school and approved to accept the GI Bill.
*Applicants MUST have recent Robinson Helicopter experience. Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- Have a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (Inspection Authorization preferred)
- Have a minimum of 2 year recent experience working as a helicopter mechanic on the Robinson R22, R44 or R66 helicopters
- Have a complete and thorough working knowledge of the repair and maintenance of Robinson helicopter airframes, Lycoming engines and associated systems.
- Be able to work well with others in a team environment or independently if needed.
- Have analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical and administrative details related to the job.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and deal courteously and professionally with students, instructors, pilots and co-workers alike.
- Able to routinely perform 50 and 100 hour inspections
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions or discrepancies.
- Perform away from base maintenance when required.
- Applicant must have a high level of initiative and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Applicant must have proficient computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Word.
- Applicant must be willing to travel to perform required maintenance for the company when and as needed.
- Have the ability to physically perform climbing, stooping, stretching, etc… for operations related to the job and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Wages are commensurate with experience.
- Completion of Robinson Helicopter Safety Course is desired (required within 12 months of hire)
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)