The Aircraft Prep/Painter works in all phases of the painting process. The aircraft painting process includes: masking (different stages), stripping, sanding, etching, alodining, washing, tacking for primer, painting, and final detailing of aircraft before delivery to customer. If needed, will assist Maintenance on removal of controls and parts before and after painting. The Aircraft Prep/Painter is directly accountable for quality control during all phases of the painting process, conducts continuous quality inspections during the process and if problems are found will immediately inform the Shop Management so corrective measures can be determined. This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation is industry standard plus overtime.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Aircraft Painter is responsible for performing and guiding personnel in all phases of the painting process including:
- Maintaining compliance with all company, safety, federal, state and local regulations (Ensuring OSHA, MOSHA, DCMA, EPA and fire control requirements are strictly adhered to and ensuring MSDS documentation is available and maintained for all materials used).
- Masking aircraft for chemical stripper application and applying chemical stripper.
- Sanding aircraft, performing corrosion clean-up and performing body-work on aluminum and fiberglass surfaces and components.
- Applying etch and conversion-coating chemicals to aircraft and rinsing.
- Removing and reapplying seam sealants as required.
- Masking and preparing aircraft for primer application.
- Applying and sanding aerospace primers for topcoat application as needed.
- Applying and sanding high-build primers as needed.
- Applying aerospace topcoats and clear-coats, as required.
- Layout, masking, preparing and painting stripes, N-Numbers and logos as needed.
- Detailing of aircraft, including sanding and buffing as needed.
- The Aircraft Painter will coordinate directly with the Chief Inspector when additional services are required and/or damage is discovered, and will provide hands-on assistance to Maintenance Shop personnel as required.