THE SILVER AIR TEAM IS GROWING, AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMAZING PEOPLE TO GROW WITH US!
Silver Air is uniquely different than the rest. Our luxury brand is built on the foundation of quality, transparency, advocacy, strong relationships, and value for our clients. Our number one priority is supporting our people to deliver our customers an exceptional aviation experience. We are focused on quality over quantity in everything we do, and we are looking for a few of the “Best” in the business, not a lot of the average.
Silver Air offers competitive compensation packages, a comprehensive benefits program that includes a 5 match on 401K retirement savings, full medical coverage for the employee and dependents, and a flexible time-off policy.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Aircraft Conformity & Inspection Manager to join our team at Silver Air. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all aircraft in our Part 135 fleet meet all necessary regulatory and safety standards.
As an Aircraft Conformity & Inspection Manager, you will be responsible for conducting thorough inspections of all aircraft in our fleet to ensure that they are in compliance with all relevant regulations, including those set by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This will involve conducting inspections of the aircraft's systems, structures, and components to ensure that they are functioning properly and meet all necessary safety standards.
In addition to conducting inspections, you will also be responsible for managing the documentation and record-keeping associated with aircraft conformity and inspections. This will include maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all inspections and any necessary repairs or maintenance, as well as providing reports on the status of the aircraft to management.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of aircraft systems and components, as well as familiarity with FAA regulations and industry best practices. You should also have excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Review return to service documentation for accuracy, and conformity to applicable federal regulations and arrange for corrections as necessary before filing in the aircraft permanent records.
- Arrange for the issuance of MEL, RVSM manuals, and any required LOA.
- Arrange for the issuance of FCC radio license.
- Travel to aircraft and perform aircraft physical inspection in accordance with the conformity inspection checklist, log any discrepancies and arrange for their correction.
- Perform records conformity research in accordance with established procedures.
- Assemble conformity binder for FAA records review in accordance with established procedures.
- Interface with FAA inspectors as assigned.
- Perform quality audits on various facets of aircraft
- Other duties the Chief Inspector assigns, as needed
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years corporate aviation experience
- A&P License required
- Prefer knowledge of and experience with part 135 air carrier aircraft conformity and regulatory compliance including,
- Evaluation and correction of return to service documentation
- Airworthiness Directive and Alert Bulletin management and signoff requirements
- Major repair and alteration documentation
- Knowledge of aircraft equipment and airworthiness requirements
- RVSM manual submittal and management requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Must be a motivated self-starter, able to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision at the office or while traveling.
- Must have and understanding of industry technical language with the ability to communicate professionally with the Silver Air team.
- Able to follow complex verbal and written direction.
- Must have some knowledge of web-based maintenance tracking programs.
- Must have a basic understanding of aircraft maintenance documentation requirements including logbook entries, part certification and appropriate signoff language.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Functional & Technical Competencies:
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Webex is advantageous
Silver Air is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their absolute best, individually and collectively. We've built a culture based on core values like Drive, Own It!, Respect, and Discipline. Silver Air fosters an environment of safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations. We believe our people are our greatest asset and encourage contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies interwoven with industry-leading business practices ensures an environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
About Silver Air
Silver Air is driven to be the best in our industry – to change our industry by creating an environment where our team members can be their absolute best individually and collectively. We've built a culture based on core values like Drive, Own It, Respect, and Discipline. Silver Air fosters an environment of safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations. We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we encourage contribution and collaboration.