Community Relations Manager
Textron Aviation •
The CommunityRelations Manager role is responsible for positioning Textron Aviation as aleader and advocate for volunteerism, community and corporatecitizenship. This role will develop and manage strong relationshipsbetween the company and local, state and national community constituents. They will connect the company’s business agenda with broader reputation andsocial issues, while understanding and incorporating the key business driversinto the ongoing execution and development of the company’s total employmentvalue proposition.
- Serve as Textron Aviation’s key contact on issues pertaining to charitable engagement opportunities. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community organizations as well as regional and national strategic partners, university foundation partners, and employee volunteer groups.
- Develop and recommend specific corporate/community strategies to leadership based on the key business drivers and opportunities for employee engagement
- Promote Textron Aviation’s corporate social responsibility through dynamic internal and external communications strategies that position the company as a leader in the community and as an employer of choice.
- Monitor social trends by maintaining active communication channels with community organizations.
- Responsible for all company-wide employee fundraising activities and events; as well as the planning and execution of all company charitable and community events.
- Direct senior leadership involvement with strategic partners and manages all external community requests related to Textron Aviation charitable giving.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of Textron Aviationcommunity relations function and provides measurement and reporting that alignswith community investment strategy
- Bachelor’sdegree required in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, or otherrelated field.
- Minimum5 years of relative experience required.
- Relevant experience in strategic charitable partnership management; corporate experience and/or fundraising experience preferred.
- Must have outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills are essential, including the ability to represent the company in large, community settings
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence within all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders; demonstrated ability to build collaborations
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, recommend and direct courses of action to be taken
- Excellent project management skills to include organizing, planning and execution experience, including experience managing outside partners and vendors
- Motivated, detail-oriented and self-directed to deliver high quality results
- Creativity, interpersonal savvy and the ability to manage diversity
- Job is located in Wichita, Kansas, and may include domestic and international travel (10%)
The above statements areintended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byemployees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listof all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel soclassified.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)