Manages the business unit quality function through development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements and corporate standards. As a member of the business unit Strategic Group, manages and participates in quality activities on the business unit in order to improve the processes, procedures, methods and materials used in the repair and overhaul processes while ensuring product quality is maintained and striving for continuous improvements.
Direct Reports Include: Inspector, Chief (SBU); Coordinator; Training & Development; Analyst, Quality Assurance; Coordinator, Laboratory; Engineer, Product Integrity; Engineer, Quality Assurance; Technician, Calibration; Technician, Chemical Laboratory; Technician, Materials Laboratory; Technologist, Materials Laboratory
Immune Specific Accountabilities
- Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Responsible for immediately reporting flight/product safety concerns.
- Participates in proactive risk analysis of flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
- Recognizes and understands the Just Culture policy.
- Develops, implements, and monitors business unit quality policies and procedures consistent with company and strategic business unit objectives. Manages strategic business unit quality activities and resources.
- Continuously monitors quality data (warranty, product rectification, customer satisfaction, etc.) for improvement opportunities across the business unit. Works with the business unit strategic group to select, manage, and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree by which the business unit’s quality goals, objectives and standards are being met.
- Leads and participates in the business unit quality audit and corrective action process by providing training, facilitation, recommendations and leadership, as required, to achieve optimal results. Assists external auditors from various quality associations. Monitors, reviews and conducts sub-contractor audits in liaison with supplier development.
- Interfaces with marketing, operations and engineering to establish quality requirements on individual products and services on the basis of customer needs, the fit, form and function of the product, and to ensure that quality considerations are properly addressed as early as possible in the product or process design stage.
- Monitors warranty procedures including investigation, root-cause, corrective action and follow-up to ensure that continuous improvement is occurring.
- Collects and analyzes quality data for the purpose of identifying trends with respect to non-conformance documents.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, remanufacturing problems, statistical trends, and proposed process changes. Reviews factors in light of quality of product and reliability of quality during production.
- Researches, compiles, and reviews company procedures.
- Maintains currency on regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Seeks new quality methodologies for implementation in support of business unit strategic initiatives.
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
- Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.