Sheet Metal Mechanic
Amentum is seeking an Sheet Metal Mechanic to join our team in Elizabeth City, NC.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic will repair and overhaul the aircraft structure to return the aircraft to air worthy condition. Must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Rate is $35.37/hr with a $5,000 sign on Bonus.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged structural surfaces on the C-130 airframe.
- Inspect parts for wear, cracks, security, corrosion or other defects.
- Maintain, repair and modify, aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty.
- Receive technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
- Perform sheet-metal, plastic, and composite depot level repairs on aircraft.
- Utilize documents listed in DMPCs.
- Perform major airframe repairs and modifications.
- Utilize various glues, resins, fiberglass, epoxy, pro-seal and/or other chemical reactive consumables where applicable for aircraft repairs.
- Perform aircraft maintenance in the hangar or outside.
- Use applicable airframe repair procedures and/or approved engineering procedures in performance of tasks resulting in safe, mission ready aircraft.
- Respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- Read dials, gauges, identify small objects, and use hand tools.
- Read, interpret drawings, including forming, shaping, and fabricating aircraft stringers, bulkheads, access panels, doublers, inspection plates, box-beams, fairings/cowlings for fuselage applications and on primary night control surfaces.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- Four (4) years of documented experience performing sheet-metal depot level repairs on aircraft.
- Must have basic knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Must have a working knowledge of technical publications.
- Must have a working knowledge of corrosion control techniques and base, federal and company procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Must be able to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or other security clearance required.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to pass a respiratory evaluation and wear Personnel Protective Equipment (respirator).
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)